BLACKSHAWHEAD CHAPEL

BLACKSHAWHEAD CHAPEL

the Chapel

 
 


Blackshawhead Chapel  was built in 1815 by the Methodists in nearby Heptonstall to serve the local village. 


It was extended a few years later by the addition of a Sunday School, which for many years was the only form of education available to village children.

The building has undergone several renovations, and today provides a place for the church to meet and worship, and also a suite of rooms which the community can use.

The building is being gradually renovated, as funding permits, to improve the quality of the facilities available.  We have recently refitted the upstairs hall and installed a stairlift, and renovated the ground floor rooms to make them energy efficient. We are grateful for the assistance of our local community in making this work possible.